State: Florida Public Insurance Adjuster
County: Indian River County Public Insurance Adjuster
City: Florida Ridge Public Insurance Adjuster
Florida Ridge FL 32962 – Neighborhood: 15th/4th
Claim Type: Toilet Overflow – Water Damage
Insurance Company Original Offer: $9,000
Alpha Public Insurance Adjusters Settlement: $25,000
Percentage Increase: +170%
Contact an Expert Public Adjuster for Your Toilet Overflow Insurance Claim
There are multiple causes for a toilet to overflow, but it generally leads to one problem: water damage. If you are experiencing severe water damage caused by an overflowing toilet, the first thing you should do is stop the damage before it persists, contact your insurance company, and then call an expert public adjuster at Alpha Public Insurance Adjusters in Florida Ridge. Our team will assist you throughout the entire insurance claims process.
Is Toilet Overflow Covered by Your Homeowner’s Insurance?
Unfortunately, not all water damage is covered by homeowners’ insurance. For example, if the damage was preventable, your insurance company will not cover the cost of repairs. Flooding is another common form of water damage, as well as sewer line backups, that your insurance company won’t cover. As a result, we recommend that you carefully review your insurance policy to ensure that your specific water damage will be covered.
In general, your homeowner’s insurance will cover most forms of a toilet overflow, but the damage needs to meet certain criteria. Was the damage caused by one of the following issues?
- Clogged drain: when the drainpipes are blocked and the toilet is unable to flush, water will eventually fill up in the pipes and cause toilet overflow. In general, this type of damage is covered by homeowner’s insurance.
- Bad plumbing: if toilet overflow occurs due to a plumbing problem you did not cause, such as faulty plumbing, then yes, your insurance company will cover this.
- Faulty sump pump: if the sump pump in your crawl space (or basement) is faulty, this can lead to toilet overflow and is generally covered by your insurance. However, if the faulty sump pump is located outside of your home, your insurer will not cover this.
Your Policy May Not Clearly State What is Covered
If your policy does not clearly state what type of damage is covered when your toilet overflows, your insurance company will send out an insurance adjuster to assess the damage. After a thorough assessment, the adjuster will decide whether your problem falls under the domain of covered damages.
Unfortunately, insurance adjusters sometimes favor the insurer, as this is the company that employs them. Therefore, there is no guarantee that their decision is valid. As a result, if they determine that your type of water damage is not coverable, now is the time to contact Alpha Public Insurance Adjusters for your residential claim.
Is Toilet Overflow Preventable?
Yes, but not always. You will need to have advanced knowledge of toilet overflow causes, which the average person may lack. So, don’t be concerned if you were unaware the issue existed. The most important thing to do once you’re aware is to act quickly and prevent further damage from occurring. Don’t forget to take pictures beforehand and consult with a licensed plumber before dealing with your insurance company.
Why contact our team if you live in Florida Ridge?
You have many options when it comes to public adjusters, but only one team can get the job done right the first time.
- We know the (often) shady tactics of insurance adjusters and insurers. We won’t let them get away with a denied claim or low settlement.
- We get to know our clients. No two cases are the same. Our team always takes the time to sit down with the client during the initial consultation to understand their claim, needs, and potential roadblocks that will emerge during the claims process.
- We go the extra mile. We don’t merely help our clients with their insurance claims. Some clients have different needs, and we help make sure each one is met. For example, you may need temporary housing, contact info for a reputable mold and remediation company, advances from your carrier for necessary purchases, or to pay workers. Our team can help you get started if you don’t know where to begin.
Contact Alpha Public Insurance Adjusters
No matter what caused your toilet overflow, when you hire an expert public adjuster from our team, we will look after your specific needs, understand your claim, and ensure you receive a settlement that will cover all expenses. Contact us today or call (888) 442-5742 for a free consultation.