Golden Beach FL 33160- Neighborhood: North Island
Claim Type: Water – Backup – Broken cast Iron Lines
Insurance Company Original Offer: $ 45,000
Alpha Public Insurance Adjusters Settlement: $289,000
Percentage Increase: +540%
Golden Beach FL 33160- Neighborhood: South Island
Claim Type: Tropical Storm
Insurance Company Original Offer: $ Under Deductible
Alpha Public Insurance Adjusters Settlement: $445,000
Percentage Increase: +445,000%
Golden Beach FL 33160- Neighborhood: A1A
Claim Type: Supply Line/ Water
Insurance Company Original Offer: $ 114,000
Alpha Public Insurance Adjusters Settlement: $600,000
Percentage Increase: +400%
Contact a Public Adjuster When Faced with Water Damage
If you have cast iron drainpipes, they come with their share of benefits. Being fire-resistant, cast-iron pipes are safer than most piping materials. Another benefit is when these drainpipes experience damage, you don’t have to destroy your yard to reach and repair them. Nevertheless, while convenient and durable, cast iron drainpipes can experience damage. The most serious case is when you find cracks in multiple locations rather than an isolated crack. If this leads to water damage, you will need to contact your insurance company as well as a licensed plumber.
You must contact your insurer to file a claim to receive a payout for the damages the flooding drain pipes caused. If you have never filed a claim before, unfortunately, it is a long and tedious process. Claims processes require lots of paperwork, and if it’s filed incorrectly, it often leads to a denied claim. Additionally, you must take comprehensive photos and sometimes video footage of the damage before an insurance adjuster performs the damage appraisal.
What Does the Claims Process Look Like?
It looks different for everyone, but in general, it will go something like this:
- After you experience water damage, find and stop the source of the problem before it persists. If you are unable to do this, hire an expert.
- Take pictures before you hire anyone. Make sure you take pictures before, during, and after the repairs.
- Read your policy to ensure damage from cast iron drainpipes is covered by your homeowner’s insurance.
- Contact your insurance company and report your claim.
- Fill out paperwork, if necessary. Insurance companies often send paperwork to process your claim. Alternatively, you can do this online. When done online, you can upload photos and video footage of the damage, which makes the process go smoother.
- Wait for an insurance adjuster to come to your property and assess the damages. As the name implies, this adjuster will be sent out by your insurance coming, and thus works for the insurer. If you have any suspicions, you can contact a third-party source, like a public adjuster who works on your behalf.
- Cover your deductible, which will not be large if everything goes according to plan. However, virtually all claims require the homeowner pays a deductible, while the insurer handles the rest of the cost.
What Are Your Next Steps?
This may also vary, depending on the insurer and the type of claim. Even if you do everything by the book, you may need to take legal action or contact a public adjuster to get the necessary funds to cover the damages. Why is that? The fact is, insurance companies don’t enjoy giving payouts, particularly if you have a large claim. They are not in the business of losing money. As a result, we recommend that you never accept their first settlement. They’re protecting their bottom line, which means they’re giving you a smaller amount than you deserve. This is where sometimes lengthy, ugly negotiation processes come into play.
Again, if you don’t think you can handle this on your own, the good news is you are not alone. Call Alpha Public Insurance Adjusters for a taste of the Alpha Experience.
How Can Our Public Adjusters Help You?
It’s all about hiring the right public adjuster. Our team will handle the entire claims process on your behalf. If you need a second opinion because you feel the initial settlement was low, we will re-assess the damages, review the footage, and make our own calculations for your payout. Keep in mind, that there will be instances where our recommended payout is close to that of the insurance adjuster. However, because most insurers often provide the lowest settlement first, it’s likely that our payout recommendation will be higher.
Next comes the negotiation. You don’t have to negotiate a higher settlement with the insurance company – we’ll be your representative during this process. However, if you want to be involved, we can offer guidance and tips on how to navigate their cutthroat negotiating skills.
In the end, the goal is to provide you with a significantly higher settlement than the original. More importantly, one that will cover the cost of the damages your property incurred so you can return to your life post-damage.
Don’t hesitate. Contact our team today by calling (888) 442-5742.